Thursday 23 May 2013

Sweet Freedom

I finally did it.  After nearly a year of dreaming, then considering, then planning, then working out logistics, I handed in my resignation today at the job I've been at for the past five and a half years.  My heart was pounding and my face was hot.  Since the age of 5 I've either been in school or working or both at the same time.  That's 31 years of focus, goals, stress, and no time to check things off my bucket list.  It is exhilerating and terrifying to take this step outside the comfort and stability of what I know but I think I'm ready. 

I have my house rented and my flight booked to Bali on June 15th.  I have plans to head to the tiny island of Gili Trawangan to do some scuba diving.  Let the adventure begin!

.... EEP



First flight; Calgary to Vancouver to Shanghai, China to Denpasar, Indonesia

Zoom in View of Where Gili Trawangan is with respect to Bali

Gili Trawangan Island

No comments:

Post a Comment