Sunday 21 July 2013

I am Still Here

I am on the verge of completing my DMT (Divemaster Training) so I have been BUSY checking skills and requirements off my list, that's why no recent blog posts.

I will tell more tales soon and should have some horrible tales of woe after my snorkel test on Monday night... that is if I can remember enough of the evening after being force fed a Litre of booze to tell any tales!

In the meantime I'm off to do my third dive with a group of 6 Chinese kids and 2 adults.  They are doing great and despite the language barrier, have understood and picked up most of the course  material and skills thanks to translations done by their English teacher, Miss Lemon.  Underwater, with hand signals, it is amazing how language differences disappear and we can all communicate better!  An 11 year old Chinese kid who speaks a little English has the same look of excitement on his face and uses the same hand signals as an adult who speaks only French, Spanish, or English when they see a Moray eel or a turtle for the first time :)

Ciao

I've got Soul but I'm not a Soldier (actually, I'm a soldier fish ;)

I found Nemo x2 :)




No comments:

Post a Comment